Life can get pretty busy and stressful in days like these. A normal headache can be washed away using an aspirin, not counting the number pills that one is taking. The intake of too many painkillers can weaken your immune system by a great deal and can even cause problem in your kidneys, pancreas and livers. Over consumption of medicines is one of the most common reasons for stones in your pancreas. But how else are you going to get rid of those disturbing headaches? Here are a few tips or you, so that you can get rid of those headaches without putting your immune system at risk-
- Ginger- Also called as elixir for headaches, ginger is one of the most popular and most efficient home remedies for headache. It reduced inflammation of blood vessels in the head, hence easing the pain. It also helps reduce nausea, and works miracle of migraines and migraine headaches. It can be consumed in the form of ginger tea, or ginger powder can be made into paste which then can be applied on the fore-head.
- Cinnamon- Apart from giving the rich taste, cinnamon can also do miracles on your headache. Make cinnamon paste out of grinded cinnamon sticks and apply it on your forehead and leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Scent- A pleasant scent can soothe your headache away. Using of essential oil such as lavender oil, peppermint oil can help give you a relief from your headache. Peppermint oil with its refreshing cent helps open up clogged blood vessels which cause the headache. The menthol in it helps regulate the blood flow in your body. To use, you can mix a few drops of peppermint oil with almond oil or water and massage it around your temples and head for an instant relief. Lavender oil is another great essential oil to relieve headaches. Simply adding a few drops of lavender oil in a napkin and inhaling it from time to time can help soothe headaches.
- Heat or cold packs- Placing an ice cold pack on the back of your neck can help soothe a headache caused my migraine as it reduces inflammation. Soaking your leg in hot water mixed with a little mustard powder can also help you alleviate headache. You can also try and place ice cold or hot cloth over your forehead for instant relief from headache.
- Massage/ Stretch- A few basic stretches for your neck and forehead can help you lose the headache and if this does not work, try massage your forehead for five to ten minutes for instant relief especially from headaches cause by stress.